3500 West Adams Boulevard

PLEASE ALSO SEE OUR COMPANION HISTORIES
FOR AN INTRODUCTION TO ADAMS BOULEVARD, CLICK HERE




  • Built in 1910 on part of Block 60 of the South Arlington Tract by vintner Secundo Guasti; its original designation, before street-name and address-renumberings across the city circa 1912 following recent annexations, was 2700 West Adams Street
  • Architect: Hudson & Munsell (Frank D. Hudson and William A. O. Munsell)
  • After Guasti died in 1927, followed by his wife 10 years later, 3500 was sold to celebrated choreographer and director Busby Berkeley and his mother. It still stands in excellent repair as the home of the Prana Peace Theological Seminary




As seen in the Los Angeles Times, June 19, 1910



Illustrations: Private Collection; LAPLLAT